Tuesday 19 April 2016

Born Muslims and Reverts

For All Muslims.

(and the Non-Muslims who want nothing but peace in this world).

I stumbled across this and had to repost it. I'm a Revert Muslim and of course this made me smile. Yet, I feel the opposite.



Being a Revert is a blessing. Alhamdulillah. We get to start over and learn the religion, usually as adults. And as we are adults we appreciate what we are learning, we fully understand it and can make conscious Islamic decisions throughout our daily lives. I fully appreciate this may be harder when learning as a child because Astaghfirullah we 'just do as we are told'. I know how lucky I am to have found this Peace in my life at this age, and I don't take it for granted.

However, us Reverts would not be Muslims at all if it were not for Born Muslims. The Muslims who shine the beauty of Islam out to the World through their kind actions. By sharing their years-worth of knowledge. By teaching us how to be good.

The ONLY reason I am Muslim at all, is because of the beautiful Born Muslims that surround me. So please, don't think of us Reverts as the special ones. Don't place us any higher than Born Muslims. We have all lost our way in this life at some point, but you found us and guided us back onto our right path. So take from us INSPIRATION! That same Inspiration you gave to us. Allah swt created us all as equals. If anything, we owe our new found religion to you!

I thank those who Helped me on my Path. I have been Muslim for 50 Weeks! SubhanAllah!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Aurora Project. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig