Sunday 22 November 2015

"My Lord, Have Mercy Upon Them"

A Dua For Parents


Quran 17:24 

"My Lord, have mercy upon my parents, for they did raise me when I was small".

Another beloved verse of the Quran. I hope and pray Allah (swt) has mercy upon my parents (and sister) InshaAllah. My Parents raised me well Alhamdulillah. From an early age they taught me Equality. They instilled it in me with their actions and words. My mom is white and my dad is black - and they had to fight to be together. They taught me what it was to be kind, to be brave and to be humble. They gifted me with open-mindedness and encouraged me to see past stereotypes and misconceptions. If my parents hadn't raised me in this manner, I probably wouldn't have a Pakistani best friend (which I do), I probably wouldn't have married him (which I did) and I doubt very much I would be Muslim (which I am). I'll be eternally grateful to my parents for who they are, and for who they have allowed me to be. MashaAllah. My Lord, please have mercy upon them, because although they are not Muslims themselves, They are the reason I AM .

Kelly
The Aurora Project
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Aurora Project. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig