Saturday 4 June 2016

Art and Reverting - How the Beauty of Islamic Artwork Led me to Islam


[Art & Reverting]

When I first began to look into Islam, it was Islamic Art that touched me the most. Simplistic calligraphy pieces like this pushed me to read further to find the meanings behind the artwork... Islamic Art brought me a Peace that I can't explain. It was like staring at the truth. It was something that slowly crept into my life. I wanted to find out what the Arabic Calligraphy translated to in English - and when I found out, I loved it even more. I read more. I learned more. There is nothing bad in Islam. Everything that is written incites Kindness. And for me Kindness is the most important thing in the world.

This piece of Artwork in particular changed my life. Sometimes it's the things that aren't said!

In my own artwork, you will see how this piece has inspired me. The simple Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) calligraphy surrounded by beautiful and delicate flowers. Surrounded by life. For He gave us life!

Have a blessed day!

PS: If anyone knows who the artist is, please do let me know. I'd like to thank them!

Kelly
The Aurora Project. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Aurora Project. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig